Charles E. Weaver
Charles Weaver was admitted to practice in 1969. After three years as a Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force, Charles joined Wood, Ris & Hames in 1972. He remained with Wood, Ris & Hames, P.C. until 2015. He is now “of counsel” with JPK.
Charles has an extensive background in handling all types of litigated matters involving personal injury claims, product liability, professional liability (medical facility, legal, accountant, etc.), premises liability, construction (defect claims, stucco application, electrical wire and resulting fires, etc.), carbon monoxide and explosions and similar cases.
- carbon monoxide poisoning of a girl scout troop and it leaders at a local camp;
- chlorine exposure at a local swimming pool;
- slip and fall accidents involving soft tissue as well as significant head injuries;
- motor vehicle accidents involving significant personal injuries and the employment of accident reconstructionists and medical experts;
- several hundred individual cases involving exposure to asbestos in Colorado and Montana;
- wrongful death of an oil rig worker in Wyoming;
- accountant liability involving inadequate auditing procedures;
- wrongful death in personal injury cases arising out of medical treatment at outpatient surgical facilities.
The above is only a representative listing of the nature and extent of the types of cases handled by Charles over his years at Wood, Ris & Hames, P.C.
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Denver Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association
American Bar Association
United States District Court, District of Colorado
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
United States Supreme Court
University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
B.A., Political Science, 1966